Sunday, May 17, 2009

Our first attempt at gardening





Since we dont own our house and cant have a real garden, we decided to grow some crops in planters in our backyard. We all went to Lowe's last weekend and purchased some grape tomato plants and a strawberry plant. We had gotten some planters a while back when they were on sale so we were ready to do some planting. I have never had any luck with growing anything. Maybe it was the weather down south or maybe it was that I dont have a "green thumb".
The kids have been taking turns watering the "crop" and tonight we actually tried some of our strawberries. Emily and I tasted these beauties and they were F.I.N.E. Actually, Emily wants us to go get two more strawberry plants because she thinks one plant wont fulfill her appetite for those scrumptious berries! I just hope they continue to grow and that they dont shrivel up and die like everything else I try to grow LOL!

2 comments:

kelly said...

yummy!!! how long did it take to start growing???

Scrappinwendi said...

The plant had buds on it when we purchased it and that was on Mother's Day. So I guess you could say a week!