Sunday, November 22, 2009

Some crafty goodness



Since I have moved to Utah, I have been crafting quite a bit. Utah is filled with wonderful craft stores and very inspirational women. It is hard for me to choose just one type of craft to do too. I love scrapbooking but I also love quilting, card making, cross stiching, wood working....The list could go on and on. I tell you this state truly inspires my creativity. And being surrounded by such creative people at home and at work doesnt hurt either LOL!
A couple of weeks ago I attended a crafting event here in my neighborhood. It was actually put on by the church here and the neighborhood women were kind enough to invite me because they know I love to craft. You could sign up for different kits and work on them there during the event. I signed up for 3 different classes. Here are photos of two of them. The family yahtzee has to be my favorite. It is a darling way to incorporate your family right into the game. I love this set and I am afraid to use it. Thanks to my friend Brooke for teaching me how to make this.
THe second is a large metal star that I covered with Graphic 45 Christmas paper and Mod Podge. I actually didnt make this there but later at home and it is bigger than the one that they made at the event. I am going to hang it in our upstair living room. I have wooden trees that I am going to cover with the same paper and embellish too. I will post some photos when I get those finished. I hoping to do this either Thanksgiving day or Friday since I have those days off.

2 comments:

3qtkidz said...

I am drooling over the big star.
That is totally awesome! Your creativity as gone WILD! I hope it rubs off on me someday.

Brooke S said...

Wendy.
I never got to see how everything you did that day finished up... You took them over the top PERFECT!!
I love them both...