Monday, November 16, 2009

Winter Wonderland






I still cant believe that we have snow out here and it is only November. Growing up in Maine, I dont recall getting snow this early. Sure we had snow in April but I just dont remember it in October and early November.
My kids LOVE the white stuff. Emily grew up in Maine and knows what it is like to play in the snow and get cold but Casey, thats a whole different thing. He loves it until he gets cold and that is real fast. He stood outside on Saturday and cried because he was too cold. Emily and I tried to cheer him up by running around and throwing snowballs at each other but that didnt work.
What finally did work was....Shoveling! I think I now have my snow removal crew for the winter. Casey and Emily both wanted to clear the driveway and the sidewalk. I let them have at it and they did a really good job. Lets just see how they feel when we get more than a couple of inches. Casey did have trouble lifting the snow out of the way but he used those muscles of his and dumped it on the lawn. I think he is taking right after his daddy. I know that Chris loves to shovel and mow the lawn so why not his son.
So now I am still looking at snow. It didnt melt from two days ago so that tells you that it is pretty darn cold out here. I hope your weather is nice and warm!

2 comments:

DeVries Family said...

SWEET!!! Gotta LOVE a Utah winter! Send those two across the street this weekend...there's another storm blowing in!

3qtkidz said...

Well, I must say it does look a little fun to play in. Casey just has that deep south blood. We can't handle that cold white stuff.
They look like they have gotten use to it a bit.