Sunday, November 23, 2008

The man in red


Yesterday I thought it would be a great idea if we visited Santa when we went to the mall. We had to get Emily a coat and Limited Too was having an unbelievable sale (I'll get back to that in a minute). Last year when Casey visited Santa, he was very scared and literally shaking in his shoes. What is it with kids and santa?! Well we talked about seeing Santa before we got to the mall and Casey told me, "I dont like laps, I need a chair to sit by santa." What a little ham! I told him it would be alright and that it would only be for a minute so he could tell him what he wanted and remind him that we will be at Grandma's house and not ours on Christmas. We lucked out since their was no line and we walked right up to the front of the line. Well the shaking began immediately and he wanted Emily to join him on Santa's lap. Emily didnt want to since she had been to the International Festival and had an Indian Bedie(Sp?)in the middle of her forehead that she refused to take off for the photo. So Casey managed all by himself. I was so proud of him! He sat on Santa's lap and told him about the things he wanted (firetrucks, trashtrucks and bikes). Then came the photo...he wouldnt smile for nothing. We made faces at him and acted like fools but all we got was a fake smile without teeth showing. But we did get the picture!!
So now onto Emily's coat. We went to Limited Too which was having a buy one get one free plus 30 percent off sale. It was unreal! But we didnt find anything since they were all down lined and she is allergic. We did manage to find a great coat at Justice and they were having the same sale there. She got a coat, sweater, shirt and socks and it only came to 55.00! I think these stores are in bad shape financially if they are running sales like this. I must go back to Justice this week and get some stocking stuffers and filler gifts for my girl. SHH dont tell her! LOL

1 comment:

3qtkidz said...

I am so proud of Casey, he has came such a long way. This picture is just precious. What a big boy. "I don't like laps"---that is too stinkin' cute.
Love it!