Sunday, November 2, 2008

Run Like the Wind





Emily has been talking to us alot about wanting to run track in middle school. We walk around the neighborhood and she tends to run and get tired. Well she ran her first race this weekend. It was charity race that included a 10k, 5k and a 1 mile fun run. We thought a mile would be a good starting point for her. She and Chris would run while Casey and I watched from the sidelines. What a beautiful day for a race. The temps were in the 60's at race time and the two of them were pumped up from the music the dj was playing. Once the race started they walked past me and I thought "ok, they will walk the whole race, no big deal." Casey and I ran over to the next block so we could get a photo of them coming down to the finish line. We waited and watched and finally they jogged by waving for the camera. Chris later told me that she saw the finish line and took off on him, leaving him in the dust. LOL! Maybe she is going to be a sprinter and not a long distance runner. I was so proud of them and we are looking forward to the next race in January.

7 comments:

WightPony said...

Emily won =)

Debby said...

WOW< I'm impress. I'm glad they got to do this. Way to go Emily!!!!!

Holly said...

Woo hoo! Way to go Emily (and dad). What a great family day!!

Suzanne said...

that's awesome! Way to go Emily! I would've never thought to participate in something like that...but then again, I don't have a school aged child either!

annie said...

I hate that we missed seeing you. I tried to call you several times and we hung around the finish line hoping to bump into you but no luck. Oh well. We had blast at the 5K. We will definately be doing it again! Maybe you can run next time.

3qtkidz said...

That is so cool.

What a perfect day. Now, I wish Joe would have done that with the boys.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of them! Yeah Chris and Emily. When Emily comes to visit one day, we can do a run. Seattle has one at least every weekend!