Thursday, April 23, 2009

The baby bird has flown from the nest


So I knew it was just a matter of months before Casey would start preschool but we were pleasantly surprised when the months turned into days. We received a call from the preschool right before spring break and it seemed that they had an opening for Casey. He would finish out the year (1.5 months) with the three year old class. We didnt even hesitate and agreed to start the week after school break.
His first day was Monday. The nice thing is that the preschool is in our neighborhood and within walking distance. To be quite honest it is only about 5 houses down from us. LOL! The lady that runs it is named Wendy just like me. She is super nice and Casey really liked it there. He has about 10 kids in his class. Chris had to pick him up since I was working and I got the whole run down when I got home. He learned about the letter "Q" and made a queen puppet. He told me, "Mom you the queen and dad is the King."
I said "Well then what are you?"
Casey: "I a King too."
I said: "Then what is sissy?"
Casey: "She the Prince."
Emily "I dont want to be a stinkin boy Prince!"

I guess we need to work on explaining gender somemore. He did have a great day and wanted to go back (thats a good thing). The only photo I managed to get was this one that Chris snapped of us walking to Teacher Wendy's school. Not the most flattering photo of me but it will have to go into the scrapbook : (

3 comments:

Holly said...

What a cutie! I'm so glad he likes his preschool! I know that is an adjustment for you too, but a good one!

Debby said...

I love the picture. What do you do with all your free time now? I'm glad Casey loves his shool.

Scrappinwendi said...

Free Time!? What free time?? I do laundry! LOL!