Friday, April 24, 2009

This one is for Debby!




Casey and I got to go on his first field trip with his pre-school this week. We went to the Alpine school district's Transportation office, in layman's terms that is the school bus lot. We toured the facility with our host, Busdriver Bob! He was quite a hoot. He wore his hawaiian shirt and sand songs to the kids when we were driving. They got to see the garage where the buses are worked on, the bus wash (just like a car wash) and they got to take a little ride. Casey thought it was AWESOME! His favorite part was the bus wash. It was loud when the water hit all those windows. The whole time I was there, I was thinking of one person and couldnt think of anything else....Debby! My friend Debby back in Alabama drives the school bus and we miss her so much and the rest of my sistahs. The stories that friend of mine would share would make you laugh and be disgusted all at the same time. It takes a special kind of person to drive our kids around and she is certainly one special lady. I only wish that it was Debby giving us the tour of the Mobile county transportation office.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Wendi, that sounds like a very cool field trip for Casey -- I know he was in heaven seeing all of those buses!!! Debby will get a kick out of this too. I know she will be jealous of the bus wash -- I think she has to wash hers by hand! Miss you guys!

kelly said...

boo hoo!! I wish yall were here too... I know casey had a blast! when I see the garbage truck go by my house.. I immediately think of casey...hee hee. He is certainly with out a douby ALL BOY!

Debby said...

I love it Wendy! Just how many kids fit on these buses. They look longer than the one's I drive. I sure wish it was me too giving Casey the tour on the buses too. And yes to Holly stttatement. We do have to wash our on buses. And I am having a taalk with my boss about getting us a bus wash. Man would that be haven.