Monday, April 27, 2009

A visitor!


Yes, you heard me right, we had our first out of state visitor. Chris's sister, Jen came for a little visit. Jen used to live in Portland when we were stationed there about 5 or more years ago. She would come over to the house alot and we would eat Sunday dinner together. Emily was just 4 then but she and her Auntie Jen had a special little bond. Emily is the spitting image of Jen. I can look at Jen and know that I am looking at what Emily will be like when she gets older. Jen calls her "Mini Me"LOL! The last time we had seen Jen was back in Mobile when she delivered JoJo the cat to us. She was living in Seattle (which she still is)and flew across country so we could be reunited with our cat. That was the weekend that I found out I was pregnant with Casey. So you see, we havent seen Auntie Jen in a LONG time. She flew in on Thursday afternoon and the kids were very excited to see their auntie. Casey had never met her but took to her very quickly. He and Jen played at the park and in our garage for quite a while on Thursday. Emily was very happy to see her too. We had a lot of fun adventures while she was here. I will tell you about them in upcoming posts. Let me just say that when Auntie left, I had a 9 year old that was heart broken and cried for hours straight yesterday. We hope that Auntie will come back soon and spend some more time with us.

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE THE PICTURE! WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO JEN'S VISIT HERE IN THE PORT IN JULY. I HAVE NO ANIMALS OR CHILDREN FOR HER TO PLAY WITH, SO HOPE SHE ISN'T BORED WITH TWO OLD FUDDIE-DUDDIES LIKE US, HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT!! IT'S FINALLY SPRING..TULIPS IN BLOOM AND HUMMINGBIRDS ARE HERE. "AUNTIE C"