Sunday, April 26, 2009

My little Entrepreneur




Emily has been begging me for years to have a lemonade stand. When I was at work last Tuesday, it seems that the whole neighborhood had competing food stands. This broght back the begging and this time I gave in and said " Sure, why not!" I had to go to Walmart and get cups and supplies. When I drove back into the neighborhood there was already a popcicle stand and the kids werent even home from school yet. I knew that Emily would be mad to have to compete. When she came home from school she wasnt mad but determined to make more money than the popcicle stand. I had popped some popcorn and made the lemonade. She had two employees, her friends Abbie and Kylie. They set up right in front of the neighborhood and got some business quickly. This neighborhood is perfect for lemonade stands because of all the kids. The kids would go inside and get their money and race back to the stand. Some cars even stopped to get drinks. In the end, we had no more popcorn left and the lemonade was pretty much gone too. The girls made 12.44. Not bad for an hours work!

1 comment:

Holly said...

That is so very cool. What great memories she is making! $12.44 is not bad at all for that amount of time!!! Go Emily!!!!