Monday, April 6, 2009

Where did my little girl go?



Yesterday before we went to church, Emily wanted a photo of her new hair doo we tried out. I didnt realize until I looked at these photos, how much she has changed in such a few short months. She is turning into a little lady. She is paying attention to what she wears and how her hair looks. She wants to wear lip gloss and has asked to wear makeup but that is a big fat "NO" on our behalf. She is growing up before my eyes. She and I have really reconnected since Chris has been home. We get to go out and run errands, just the two of us. I like talking to her and finding out how her life is treating her. I really feel bad that the last 4 years have been rough on us as a family and she and I havent really connected much. I think that we are making up for lost time now though. She and I went to church together yesterday while Chris and Casey stayed at home. It was so nice to share a Sunday morning with my girl. I know I need to treasure these moments because before long she wont want her dear old mom going anywhere with her. LOL!

4 comments:

kelly said...

Yall are beautiful... I love emily's hair.... it is sooo long...wow! she definatley doesn't look her age.... I miss your smiling face!! come home soon.

Debby said...

Wow!!! She is geting to be a big gilr now. Or should I say a Nice Young Lady. Love the new Do!!!!

Holly said...

Beautiful -- mom and daughter both. Emily is a pretty young lady. I'm so glad ya'll are reconnecting -- treasure these times -- you will blink your eyes and she'll be in college and know everything! :)

3qtkidz said...

You both look terrific. She is has definately changed. I love her new style.

I can feel your pain. Kayleigh has about 6 inches and she will be taller than me.

Gosh were is the time going.

Treasure your moments!