Sunday, April 27, 2008

Can I tell you how much I hate....



school projects! Emily has a project due in PACE tomorrow. She had to do a powerpoint presentation and make a Puerto Rican food. First let me tell you that I have no idea how to do powerpoint. I am pretty computer iliterate when it comes to those programs. I thought it was going to be quite an experience. My daughter proved me wrong. She sat down to the computer and changed fonts, backgrounds, added music and photos. Needless to say, she blew me away with her computer knowledge. Next came my part which is to make something to eat from Puerto Rico. I found a recipe for Coconut kisses. Well after making that recipe I realized that it didnt turn out the way it should. It would never thicken up even after many spoonfulls of corn starch. I threw that batch away in an angered huff! I then had to find another recipe and bake that up. Well they seem to be better. Except for the fact that I cant cook supper until these darn things get done! Emily and Casey tried them and I got two thumbs up! At least I didnt get some weird country where I would have to make something really complicated. LOL!

1 comment:

annie said...

I'm glad you got the recipe all worked out. I spent an hour and half yesterday trying to make fudge and I was VERY close to dumping it all in the trash. It finally got to that "soft ball" stage so its life was spared.