Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's The Little Things That Matter


I keep telling myself that it is the little things that matter, tiny surprises throughout the day. Like the sound of birds chirping, a hug from one of my kids, a phone call from Chris just because he wanted to say hi.

Well this morning I was touched by a little thing that seemed to make a big difference in my day. Every morning I pack the kids in the car and take Emily to school. We always have a couple of minutes to wait in carpool. I notice other kids kissing their parents good-bye. Well it has been a while since Emily kissed me goodbye. I think it is the growing up thing. They dont want their friends to see them doing that. She thinks she is about 16 already (that's another post all together). Well this morning she leaned into the front seat and kissed my cheek. What a sweet little moment. Thanks to her I have started my day off on the right foot.

5 comments:

cliff and donna said...

Wendi,
Thank you for taking the time to share about your lives! We will enjoy reading your blog!! I'm glad your day got off to such a great start--with a kiss. Hope you have some more of those "little things that matter" in your day today. We miss you guys! Love, Cliff and Donna

Judy said...

Wendi,
So good to hear from you and to see the kids They have grown so much. You forgot that you worked for Judys Scrappin & Stampin
make sure to check out our blog.

annie said...

I love your blog. Watch out because it is a little addictive. Don't you just love that last kiss goodbye before they hop out of the car in the morning? Especially if everything up to that point has been total chaos.

PoPo said...

Wendi,
Love your blog. Will look for it everyday! Sending kisses to you to start your day. Share with Emily and Casey. Love you all, PoPo

Meg48 said...

I love reading about you and the kids. You have totally inspired me to try it too! Not to mention given me hope that when my girls get older they will stil kiss me goodbye (at least occasionally).
Love to you all!