Sunday, January 4, 2009

He Left on a Jet Plane

Thats right, Chris left this morning for Salt Lake City, Utah. He is going to be looking for a new place for our little family to live. The countdown is on and we should be on the road to our new home at the end of this month. I wish that I could go with him and see where we are going to live. Emily has school and the Navy doesnt pay for us to fly out there so it is coming out of our own pocket.
Chris is very lucky in that our friends, The Emmertson's have family in SLC. They are allowing Chris to stay in their basement apartment and have even offered to help him find a place. All I can say is that I am truly touched by their generousity. Hopefully by the end of this week, we will have a new home. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer.

***UPDATE****
He has arrived and is in awe of the landscape. It was 75 degrees when he left here and it is 5 degrees there with snow on the ground. He sent us a photo and it is truly breathtaking. Lynn and her family are amazing and he truly feels right at home.

2 comments:

Kportgal said...

My fingers are crossed!! It will be a little tough for Emily to change schools in mid season, but she seems to be the type to fit in anywhere. You are all in my Prayers. Love you..."Auntie C"

Anonymous said...

Hi! I was googling "Navy Wife toughest job in the Navy" and came across your blog. We have a lot in common. First, I just want to say I enjoyed reading your blog. Second, no i'm not a stalker. My name is Kathi, I'm a Navy wife of 14 years, a SAHM, and I was born in Brunswick, Maine. I'm trying to figure out where in Maine you are or have been. We are currently stationed in Memphis (Millington). My husband is at BUPERS. We have two kids as well... Samantha who is almost 7, and Ryan, 3. I am a SAHM mom as well. I never have been able to be creative enough for scrapbooking, although I have enough photos to fill many a book. I just wanted to say hello! If you are ever on Facebook look up Kathi Black. Would love to keep in touch! Signed ...Random thoughts of a SAHM, fanatic internet junkie (or bored SAHM really) who happens to be a proud Navy wife as well. Take care and Happy 2009! I need to start my own blog I think. Kathi