Thursday, January 8, 2009

I need to do this now instead of later

The one part I hate about being in the military is moving away from friends. We have been stationed in 4 other places before this one (VA Beach, Maine, VA Beach and Maine again. I am not just "saying", what I am about to write, it comes from the heart and I dont think that I could say this to each one of you without crying so I am taking the time to do it by writing in my blog.
I am not going to name names but you know who you are (SISTAHS!). I was left in a not so good situation here in Mobile with my husband living in Florida or being out to sea for the last 4 years. You accepted me into your lives and treated me like family. I was afraid when I moved down here that you would tell this "Yankee" to go home but you didnt. Your friendship has meant the world to me and will mean the world to me once I move. I cherish each one of you in a special way. I dont want you to think that because I am half way across the country that I dont care about what goes on back here. I want phone calls and emails! This is just as hard on me as it is on you and I have my own way of dealing with it. So when I say that I dont want to talk about it, that is my way of dealing with it. You all have been my life for the last 4 years and I love you all! Your families have become close to mine and I want you to know that there is always a door open in the Kimball home for any of you.
I have already talked Cheif into a webcam and laptop so Kelly you better get me connected at the Feb or March crop. LOL!
And Kim you need to find that six figure job that will bring me back to my second home state.
I cant write anymore through these tears that are streaming down my face. Just keep me in your heart like I will you.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

aw wendi - that made me tear up!!! you are so sweet. i'm really sorry that we didn't get any closer, you know? if i were still in mobile, i feel like you and the sistahs would have been there for me!! i really miss that. i have friends here, and girls to scrap with - but i miss ya'll!!! i know you will miss them so much, but you know everyone will keep in touch. :) love ya girl!!

Kportgal said...

Hi Wendi,

You had me in tears, and I'm not one of your Sistah's. You are still young and it's so much easier to make new friends than when you're old like me (70). When I left Boston I didn't look back, and the same when I left Fort. I have no friends here in Kennebunkport, just my husband. I do get lonesome, but it's up to me to get out and meet people. It gets harder all the time because I love my home and could stay here all the time and be happy, as long as my husband is with me. If something happened to him there would be no one and that's when it will be hard. I'm still in touch with my old friends, but it's only via e-mail. None of us likes to travel to visit anymore.....Old age SUCKS! Enjoy your youth while you have it and make as many friends as you can while you're able to. Love Ya..."Auntie C"

3qtkidz said...

geeezzz!!!! I cried half the night reading book 4 and now this.
You know you are your family are very dear to so many of us in Mobile.
I am a very lucky person to have become such good friends with such a truely great person. I don't think a few miles and some snow will keep the "sistahs" apart.
I will miss you so much but I know you and your family will do just fine in your "new home".
lots of love! ;)

annie said...

What a downer, Wendi. I know I'll get to see you again and I am still super sad that you are leaving. Just know that you will already have two friends when you get there. My sisters are waiting with open arms. But I know nothing will ever replace the friendships you have made here. You could always come back for a visit though. Or, did I hear someone say ROAD TRIP?!

Lynne said...

Annie's right, Wendi - open arms. I know it's hard to move and leave your friends. I've cried rivers, or maybe the Great Salt Lake. Blogs help and so do free mobile to mobile minutes. I know you'll love those girls forever.

On a happier note - if this house on Boysenberry works out, YIPEE! (I sent pictures this morning.) You are going to love your neighbors. And the house backs up to our favorite playground in the whole neighborhood. I want to do anything I can to make your move easier. Please keep me informed about how things are going before you get here. Hugs.........

kelly said...

oh my goodness...wendi! I love you so much....and treasure our friendship. things will definately not be the same without you here... You are truly "my sister" and I know that for you and your family this was a mixed blessing... but for me (us) it is a sad day.... I will be sure to always call and email to keep up...so that one day ... (hopefully) you, chief, and the kids will make your way back to Mobile... and then ... once again Our "families" will be complete... I love you ....