Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Bunch of Animals (no its not my family)!!






If you read my blog you would know that we recently visited my mother and took the kids to the Memphis Zoo when we were there. All I can say is...WHAT A ZOO!!! I think the Memphis Zoo has to be the best Zoo in America, if not then it is right up there. We knew it was going to be hot and thought that the animals would be hiding. When we took the first corner of the Zoo and the Lion was less than 10 feet away from us, we knew we were in for a good experience. The animals were all so close to the public that you could just reach out and touch them (of course we did not encourage that nor did the zoo). When it was lunch time we actually got to eat with the monkeys. There were windows right next to the tables and the monkeys would sit on the ledge and watch you eat. It was the coolest thing. I was also pleased to see Panda bears and polar bears. My favorite were the polar bears. We got to go inside and building that had windows so you could see the bears underwater. One bear continually did laps around the tank and the kids thought it was cool to watch him. The pandas were cool to because they were chewing away on their bamboo like they were back in China. By the time we were leaving, we were extremely hot and tired. We made it just in time because the sky opened up and thunder roared when we were getting in the car. I would definately visit again and tell anyone that is visiting Memphis to not just go see Graceland but go see the animals too.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

oh there's MY zoo!!! I've missed it. It looks like ya'll had a good time! I'm glad you got to go. Did you notice about a block away from the zoo - if you are leaving the zoo, it's to the right, then on the left side of the road - a big brick building, really pretty with elephant statues in the front? That was the Target House, where we lived for 6 months while we were there. I miss Memphis!! We'll be there in less than two weeks though. Glad ya'll had fun!

Suzanne said...

looks like lots of fun was had! those pics are great...i see some great pages coming out of those!