Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sickness strikes again (UGH!!)

It is a sick household that I am living in right now. Emily had a friend spend the night last night. I was expecting to be up late with those two but I wasnt expecting to be up late with Casey. The little guy woke up at 1:30am with a fever of 103 and he was hallucinating. He saw monsters everywhere even with me holding him and the lights all on. I got some motrin in him and he finally got back to sleep at 3:00am. When we woke up this morning his fever was 99.9 but one of my friends suggested that I check his throat. I saw some red spots and decided to call the doc. It was confirmed this evening that the poor guy has strep. Believe it or not, I have never had strep and neither has Emily so I dont know what I am dealing with. Chris told me he has had it and that Casey will be fine once we get past the first day or so. He is sleeping soundly now without a fever. Now we must keep the rest of us well so we dont get it too.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

oh poor little guy! I've never had it either, but I hear it's not pleasant. Aww...hope he gets to feeling better soon.

Lisa said...

oh gosh. i hope today is better. i've never had it but jason has and after the meds get in casey - he'll perk back up!! i was pregnant when jason had it and so scared i would get it! but i didn't - all was well!