Monday, August 11, 2008

4th grade here she comes!!


Today is the first day of school for Emily. Boy did the summer fly. It seems like we were just thinking about what we were going to do all summer and now here we are back in the car pool line for school. What a rotten day around here to start school. It was pouring at about 7:45am this morning. Emily had her umbrella packed because she is in the portables this year. No more little kid in the big school building. She is now outside with the 4th and 5th graders. Which means walking through the mud and getting wet (YUCK!)At least there is a little sidewalk for most of the walk and it is covered for most of it too. She has two teachers this year. She will switch classes twice which is going to be interesting.
Back to the car pool line. Well since it was raining and it was the first day of school, carpool took over 25 minutes this morning. I was told over and over again that we should have left earlier. I am only 2 minutes away from school so I really didnt think it would take more than 10 minutes at the longest. Well I was wrong so I am sure she will have me out the door early tomorrow. It is usually me yelling at her to hurry up. Maybe this year will be different and she will be ready on time.
Casey and I are going to hang around today and wait for our fourth grader to come home on the bus. Cant wait to hear how her day went.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

aww the joys of school! Hope she had a wonderful day!