Friday, August 29, 2008

Just in case....




Well we are bracing ourselves for another tropical system around here. I hate September in the South. We play a guessing game around here wondering where the storm is going to go. One news station last night said it was not coming here and now this morning we are still within the cone. It is not the storm that bothers me so much as the aftermath and the preparation before hand. I have some water, some batteries and my beloved scrapbooks are stored in big waterproof containers. I even filled the tank up in the "grocery gettah" car. I did have to go to three gas stations before I found the gas I was looking for. Most of the were out of regular unleaded. I think everyone believes that we will have a gas shortage like after Katrina or that gas prices will soar. People are bringing big barrels to the stations and filling them up. Well I am not that worried about the storm because I am going to head North to my mother's house as soon as we get word that it is coming our way. Emily actually wants to go no matter what. She just wants to see Grandma and not have school. Well for those of you that arent on the gulf coast please pray for all of us. And for those of you that are on the gulf coast, we will get through this just like we have before.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well its nice to know that you have great hits here.

kelly said...

I am prepared as well wendi.... it is making me sooo mad how our gas prices have sky rocketed in the past few days. any hoo... i am glad you finally updated your blog... I come here everyday.....and me and chaz read a look at pics of the kids.... I will call you later on today.

annie said...

Stay Safe! I packed all my SB supplies up for Ivan but it took me forever to unpack them so I swore I would never do it again. But now you are making me rethink my decision.