Saturday, August 16, 2008

Can I just say that I am hooked and maybe a little crazy.



Well I have been seeing these books on other people's blogs like Layle Koncar, Vicki B and my friend Lisa Tanner. Then I saw the author on Good Morning America and the amount of people that were just going crazy over her. I had heard what the books were about and the idea of reading about vampires totally didnt appeal to me. So with much reservation, I picked up the first book a week ago. It was fine at first, a good read but nothing fantastic. Then it hit me hard like a brick wall and I couldnt get enough of this amazing Love story of Bella and Edward. I read all 4 books in a week. Each one being about 600+ pages. I am so surprised how much these books have touched me. I just want to read more about these amazing characters. I know some of you are thinking I am crazy to have wasted so much time on these books but believe me they are so worth every minute! I even have Chris reading them (he is on book 2). I told Emily last night that these books are the absolute best books that I have ever read in my life and that no book could touch them. She looked at me like I was crazy. I think she may be a bit worried about her old mom since I have even added wallpaper to my computer with the characters on it. I know that this will certainly pass in time but right now I am in love with the Cullens and the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer. Let me know if you have read these if not you really should. You wont be disappointed!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

ok - welcome to the club. hi, my name is lisa and i want to be a cullen. :)

did you know that stephenie meyer is writing twilight again from edward's perspective? it's called midnight sun. you can find the first chapter of it on her site. AMAZING. but i'm seriously glad i read the other books before peeking at midnight sun. it really shows everything edward is thinking and good grief some of it is brutal!! :)

Suzanne said...

that must be some series of books! What a doll baby you have in that daughter of yours...you'd better prepare for those teen years!

annie said...

You are probably the 1000th person I know that loves this series. I even had a friend roll down her window in traffic on University yesterday and yell to me that I needed to read these books. I might have to take the plunge.