Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Life in the "timeout" corner



Whoever said it was the "terrible twos" was terribly wrong. After having two children I believe that three is much worse than two. Casey is really giving me a run for my money lately. He gets very frustrated with me and anyone who tells him what to do that he lashes out. He likes to hit me and bite his sister. I wont stand for that so it has been the time out corner for him today. He cries it out but thinks that once he has stopped crying that he can come out. He says "Momma I stop crying". I explain that he is there for a reason and I will let him come out when I am ready for him to come out.
I remember that when Emily was three it was tough. I think it was the worst age. It seems like when they get four it gets better. Dont mark my word because I bet I am complaining when Casey turns four.
I love my kids but no one said this parent thing was going to be a walk in the park.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oh we had a time out chair instead of the corner - all my corners always seemed to be full of stuff :) and Cole hated it. And it does get better - I agree about 3's being worse than 2's. A friend once told me that you get 'terrible two's' followed by 'tylenol three's' because the only way mom survives the three's is to take tylenol every day!