Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Here we go again!


One of the things I hate about living on the Southern US coast is hurricanes. I dread the months of June through November. I never gave hurricanes much thought when I was living elsewhere. When we first moved here we were hit by hurrican Ivan. Experiencing that storm really opened my eyes to how dangerous hurricanes can be. Poor Emily is traumatized by these storms. She saw the devastation and it really scared her. Then came Katrina and we all know what happened with that storm. I continously say, I would much rather have a good Nor'easter with feet of snow that a Hurricane.
So here we are again...Hurricane season 2008. I am watching TS Fay and I cant believe how crazy her track is. I will be much better once December rolls around. LOL!

2 comments:

annie said...

It seems like no matter how often we go through this, I still get nervous every time. I have been watching all the coverage and wondering about Chris. Is he OK?

Suzanne said...

I get beyond nervous...and I grew up in Louisiana! After Ivan...it only got worse for me. My hubby actually slept through Ivan...I was SCARED OUT MY MIND!!! It sounded like my back porch was about to blow off...and he was sleeping! THen there was Katrina...yes we stayed home with both, crazy right???