Monday, August 4, 2008

Hey good lookin...Whatcha got cookin?



My Nan used to cook the best stuff for me and my family. I can still taste her lasagna and peppermint dessert. My mother has gotten that gene from her mother. She still cooks many of my Nan's recipes and my great aunt Ruth's too. I like to cook and I think I have gotten the gene too. I just dont like to clean up afterwards. So you are wondering where this is going well I will fill you in. Emily has taken a likeing to cooking too.
When we were in Mississippi visiting my parents, she helped my mother just about everynight. Her favorite thing to do is slice up tomatoes. I guess I have just been cooking for my family for so long that I never thought to ask Emily to cut up stuff of help. Well now times have changed. She is coming to me and asking to help. I am glad that she is following in her great-grandmother's footsteps.

No comments: