Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One of those days


Do you ever get so busy during the day that you dont even have time to think? That was my day today and now that things have calmed down I realized what today is. Today, October 1st is the anniversary of my Nan's death. She passed away 13 years ago from Breast Cancer. She was such a big part of my life and I miss her each and every day. I used to spend each summer and every school vacation at her house in Bangor. Then when we moved back to Bangor, I spent every afternoon at her house. She was more like a mother to me than a Grandma. She had a quirky sense of humor and a love for shopping. She loved her family to the core. How ironic that she should die from Breast Cancer in the month of Breast Cancer awareness. She had been diagnosed 20 years previous and had fought it. Little did we know that it would come back 20 years later and take her from us. Now years later I miss her more for the sake of my kids because they will never know her. I try to bring her up in conversation and tell the kids who she was and what she was like. I have so few pictures of her because that woman hated to be photographed. I did this layout a few years ago. It is of my two grandmothers. My Nan is on my right and my Grammy(glasses) is on my left. My Grammy is still alive and kicking up in Maine. So today I am sending my Nan a big hug and wishing she was rocking me in her big rocking chair in the kitchen like she used to. Love ya Nan!

4 comments:

Holly said...

Wendi, I'm so glad you have preious memories with your Nan. I, too, had a very special Granny that I have lots of memories of. So good we have them in our hearts forever!

Anonymous said...

Wow. I just love seeing pictures of you when you were a kid. Those
pictures are just priceless.

Suzanne said...

how special girl. This is the very reason we scrap...great layout. It'll be something that you and your family can treasure for the rest of your lives.

3qtkidz said...

hey