Monday, May 12, 2008

Another Doctors Visit

Well we have been fighting a fever and cough since last Thursday. Emily has missed school Friday and today. I got her into the doctors office this afternoon. Casey acted like he was getting shots or something worse (screaming his head off). He wasnt even the one seeing the doctor. Well after the exam we were sent to the hospital for a chest X-ray. The doctor felt like the fever and cough might be pneumonia and wanted to rule that out. My good friend Kim came and got Casey from me and took him with her while Emily and I headed to the hospital. Well to make a long story short...no pneumonia, good white blood cell count so it is a VIRUS! No antibiotics or cough medicine, and more time off from school since she is still running a fever. The poor thing is so bored. She just wants to go back to school and be with her friends before school lets out next week. So until we get rid of that fever for over 24 hours we are all home together.

2 comments:

kelly said...

poor Emily... I hope she gets to feeling better soon... I was reading your previous post... and well... I love the summer... the cold winter is terrible...... the only good thing about it is.... I don't have to shave my legs as much...:)..lol
love ya!

Suzanne said...

hey Wendi! I didn't realize you had a blog...just spotted the link in your siggy at PP. I hope Emily starts to feeling better soon...it stinks to be sick in hot weather! Can you believe the little stinkers will be outta school so soon? Take care girl! :)