Monday, May 5, 2008

Emily's New Snack



Emily came home from Feild Day at her school a couple of weeks ago and told me that her friends had informed her that Pickles make you happy. She is now on a pickle kick. I dont think it because she is unhappy I just think she likes the taste of them. She told me her friend Abbie brought her one to school and that she wanted to start bringing one for a snack. I remember when I was in school we used to bring big ole pickle too. Well a trip to Walmart yielded a HUGE pickle in a pouch called the Big Papa. She thought that was cool but a little too big to bring to school. I would think so since it was the size of your average cucumber you purchase at the grocery store. I tasted it and it was quite dill to say the least. Well yesterday we got a smaller version in the large jar. Off she went this morning with her pickle in her lunch box. She told me that she is definately going to have a good day because "Mom, you know pickles make you happy!"

1 comment:

annie said...

I love pickles as much as the next guy but the size of that one makes me a little sick. But my kids are the same way about pickles. They are always asking if they can bring them for snack.